Monday, August 26, 2013

Be Still.

Today marks day one of classes at KU, but my mind and heart are dwelling on other things. My Pop pop passed away somewhat suddenly from a stroke on Saturday night. I don't understand Gods timing that I am here instead of home with my family, but I trust him. When I was about 7 my Dad and I wrote a song from Psalms 46:10, which Pop pop asked my sisters and I to sing at his memorial service. As it is running through my head consistantly, it is giving me such peace knowing that The Lord IS God. 'Be still and know that The Lord is God, be still and know he is God, you will know he is with you, you will know that he cares, for its clear to be seen in the scars that he bears. He will say come and welcome, it has been done my dear child, you can finish the race now and enter glory reconciled.' Keep my Dad and his siblings in your prayers as we praise our God for his merciful plan over all things.

3 comments:

  1. I will pray diligently for you and your family! May God's comfort and strength be with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray diligently for you and your family! May God's comfort and strength be with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your pop pop. Maybe you should draw him a picture something that reminds you of him. I know he loved your ability to draw and was proud of it.
    Mrs. Snyder

    ReplyDelete